The Random Walk Index (RWI) is a technical indicator that attempts to determine if a stock’s price movement is of random nature or a result of a statistically significant trend.
The Random Walk Index attempts to determine when the market is in a strong uptrend or downtrend by measuring price ranges over N and how it differs from what would be expected by a random walk (randomly going up or down). The greater the range suggests a stronger trend. The RWI states that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line and the further prices stray from a straight line, implies the market is choppy and random in nature.
Random Walk Index Formula
The Random Walk Index determines if a security is in an uptrend or downtrend. For each period the RWI is computed by calculating the maximum of the following values for high periods:
(HI - LO.n) / (ATR.1(n) * SQRT(n))
In order to avoid the too many signals that the regular Random Walk Index tends to produce, this version is using JMA for smoothing which significantly lessens the number of false signals.
MT5 Indicators – Download Instructions
Random Walk Index JMA Smoothed MT5 Indicator is a Metatrader 5 (MT5) indicator and the essence of this technical indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Random Walk Index JMA Smoothed MT5 Indicator provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly. Click here for MT5 Strategies
Recommended Forex MetaTrader 5 Trading Platforms
#1 – XM Market
- Free $50 To Start Trading Instantly! (Withdrawable Profit)
- Deposit Bonus up to $5,000
- Unlimited Loyalty Program
- Award Winning Forex Broker
- Additional Exclusive Bonuses Throughout The Year
>> Claim Your $50 Bonus Here <<
Click Here for Step-By-Step XM Broker Account Opening Guide
#2 – Pocket Option
- Free +50% Bonus To Start Trading Instantly
- 9.6 Overall Rating!
- Automatically Credited To Your Account
- No Hidden Terms
- Accept USA Residents
How to install Random Walk Index JMA Smoothed MT5 Indicator.mq5 to your MetaTrader 5 Chart?
- Download Random Walk Index JMA Smoothed MT5 Indicator.mq5
- Copy Random Walk Index JMA Smoothed MT5 Indicator.mq5 to your Metatrader 5 Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader 5 Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your mt5 indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader 5 Client
- Right click on Random Walk Index JMA Smoothed MT5 Indicator.mq5
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Random Walk Index JMA Smoothed MT5 Indicator.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove Random Walk Index JMA Smoothed MT5 Indicator.mq5 from your Metatrader 5 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader 5 Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Random Walk Index JMA Smoothed MT5 Indicator (Free Download)
Click here below to download: