Many new traders take trades based solely on a single signal. It could either be a simple crossover entry, a pattern breakout or reversal, an indicator-based signal, or something else. They discover about a signal and spam it right away on the forex market. Some lucky traders would have a string of good trades and would start to believe that they have found the Holy Grail of trading. However, most would soon realize that taking trades based on a single signal is not that reliable.
Trading is about probabilities. A good trade signal would have a relatively good probability of a win, which should be higher than 50%. However, emotions and psychology would often mess with the trader and ruin a rather good trade setup. Traders should try to significantly improve their probabilities of winning by not relying solely on a single entry signal.
Trading on confluences is one way of increasing the probabilities of a successful trade. An entry signal that should have a win rate of about 50% could be improved to 60% or more if used in combination with other complementary high probability trade signals. This is because bad trade setups are filtered out more often, and traders are left with mostly good trade setups.
Crosses and Arrows Forex Trading Strategy is a trading strategy that relies on the confluence of three different high probability trade signals. This confluence of signals significantly improves the chances of a trader getting a profitable trade consistently.
Double CCI Woodies
Table of Contents
The Double CCI Woodies is an oscillating indicator which is a modified version of the Commodity Channel Index (CCI) indicator.
The Commodity Channel Index is an oscillator used to measure the variation of the current price compared to its statistical mean. The CCI computes for the difference between the Typical Price and a Simple Moving Average (SMA), divided by the mean absolute deviation of the typical price. The Typical Price is basically the average of the high, low and close of a candle. The CCI is typically used to identify trend direction and possible trend reversals.
The Double CCI Woodies indicator duplicates the CCI computing for two different CCI lines. One is referred to as the Trend CCI and the other is the Entry CCI. This provides traders an earlier signal of a probable trend reversal and a confirmation of the trend reversal. Positive lines indicate a probable bullish trend while negative lines indicate a probable bearish trend. The indicator then confirms the trend reversal by plotting a gold bar to confirm the trend reversal.
EMA Crossover Signal
EMA Crossover Signal is a simple entry signal indicator that helps traders identify trend reversal entries. It is derived from the crossover signal of a pair of Exponential Moving Averages (EMA).
The EMAs are excellent moving averages to use for entry signals because it is a very responsive moving average line. It manages to reduce lag significantly thereby providing timely entry signals for traders. At the same time, it is also smooth enough to avoid most false signals.
The EMA Crossover Signal places an arrow pointing the direction of the trend whenever it detects a trend reversal. This could be used as an entry signal or as a confirmation of other trend reversal indications.
This indicator is also very malleable. Traders could tweak its settings allowing traders to identify either short-term trend reversal entries or longer-term trend reversal entries.
As mentioned earlier this strategy trades on the confluence of multiple indicators. It mainly uses the Double CCI Woodies, EMA Crossover Signal and the 60 EMA line.
On the 60 EMA line, probable trend reversals are identified by price crossing over and closing on the opposite side of the EMA line. The characteristics of the price candles should show momentum upon the crossover in order to strengthen the thesis that price might reverse its trend.
On the Double CCI Woodies indicator, trend reversals are initially indicated by the two CCI lines crossing over the midline. The trend reversal is then confirmed by the plotting of a gold histogram bar. This will be the main filter on the Double CCI Woodies indicator.
The last trend reversal confirmation should come from the EMA Crossover Signal indicator. This is set at a mid-term trend parameter. Signals are confirmed by an arrow pointing the direction of the trend reversal.
- 60 EMA (Green line)
- EMA Crossover Signal
- Faster EMA: 50
- Slower EMA: 60
- Trend CCI Period: 80
- Entry CCI Period: 36
Preferred Time Frames: 30-minute, 1-hour, 4-hour and daily charts
Currency Pairs: FX majors, minors and crosses
Trading Sessions: Tokyo, London and New York
Buy Trade Setup
- Price should cross and close above the 60 EMA line.
- The Double Woodies CCI lines should cross above zero.
- The Double Woodies CCI indicator should plot a positive gold histogram.
- The EMA Crossover Signal indicator should plot an arrow pointing up.
- Enter a buy order on the confirmation of these conditions.
- Set the stop loss below the 60 EMA line.
- Close the trade if the blue line of the Double Woodies CCI indicator crosses below zero.
- Close the trade if the EMA Crossover Signal indicator prints an arrow pointing down.
Sell Trade Setup
- Price should cross and close below the 60 EMA line.
- The Double Woodies CCI lines should cross below zero.
- The Double Woodies CCI indicator should plot a negative gold histogram.
- The EMA Crossover Signal indicator should plot an arrow pointing down.
- Enter a sell order on the confirmation of these conditions.
- Set the stop loss above the 60 EMA line.
- Close the trade if the blue line of the Double Woodies CCI indicator crosses above zero.
- Close the trade if the EMA Crossover Signal indicator prints an arrow pointing up.
This trading strategy is a robust trading strategy that has a relatively high win rate compared to other trend reversal strategies.
It allows traders gain high yields because it provides trade signals at the beginning of the trend and closes the trade near the end of the trend.
For best results, trade this strategy in a market that has a very high propensity to trend. Avoid using this strategy on choppy markets as it might provide some false signals.
Forex Trading Strategies Installation Instructions
Crosses and Arrows Forex Trading Strategy is a combination of Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator(s) and template.
The essence of this forex strategy is to transform the accumulated history data and trading signals.
Crosses and Arrows Forex Trading Strategy provides an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust this strategy accordingly.
Recommended Forex Metatrader 4 Trading Platform
- Free $50 To Start Trading Instantly
- Deposit Bonus up to $5,000
- Unlimited Loyalty Program
- Awards Winning Trading Broker
How to install Crosses and Arrows Forex Trading Strategy?
- Download Crosses and Arrows Forex Trading Strategy.zip
- *Copy mq4 and ex4 files to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Copy tpl file (Template) to your Metatrader Directory / templates /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your forex strategy
- Right click on your trading chart and hover on “Template”
- Move right to select Crosses and Arrows Forex Trading Strategy
- You will see Crosses and Arrows Forex Trading Strategy is available on your Chart
*Note: Not all forex strategies come with mq4/ex4 files. Some templates are already integrated with the MT4 Indicators from the MetaTrader Platform.
Click here below to download: