Among the other ways, here is one simple way : it is a ratio of (sum of price differences) to average of (sum of price differences). As simple as it gets, it seems to be detecting the market volatility in acceptable way. As a point of reference :
- values above 1 are periods of increased volatility
- values bellow 1 are periods of decreased volatility
As it can be seen it detects the volatility change OK even in a “thin” market (when the average difference is small and when even a small change is and should be treated as significant volatility change)
MT5 Indicators – Download Instructions
Simple Volatility MT5 Indicator is a Metatrader 5 (MT5) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Simple Volatility MT5 Indicator provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
Recommended Forex Metatrader 5 Trading Platform:
- Free $30 To Start Trading Instantly
- Deposit Bonus up to $5,000
- Unlimited Loyalty Program
- Awards-Winning Forex Broker
How to install Simple Volatility MT5 Indicator.mq5?
- Download Simple Volatility MT5 Indicator.mq5
- Copy Simple Volatility MT5 Indicator.mq5 to your Metatrader 5 Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader 5 Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your mt5 indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader 5 Client
- Right click on Simple Volatility MT5 Indicator.mq5
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Simple Volatility MT5 Indicator.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove Simple Volatility MT5 Indicator.mq5 from your Metatrader 5 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader 5 Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Click here below to download: