The Renko charting method is thought to have acquired its name from “renga” which is the Japanese word for bricks. Renko charts are similar to Three Line Break charts except that in a Renko chart, a line (or “brick” as they’re called) is drawn in the direction of the prior move only if prices move by a minimum amount (i.e., the box size). The bricks are always equal in size. For example, in a 5-unit Renko chart, a 20-point rally is displayed as four, 5-unit tall Renko bricks.
Renko charts were first brought to the United States by Steven Nison when he published his book, Beyond Candlesticks.
Basic trend reversals are signaled with the emergence of a new red or blue brick. A new blue brick indicates the beginning of a new up-trend. A new red brick indicates the beginning of a new down-trend. Since the Renko chart is a trend following technique, there are times when Renko charts produce whipsaws, giving signals near the end of short-lived trends. However, the expectation with a trend following technique is that it allows you to ride the major portion of significant trends.
Since a Renko chart isolates the underlying price trend by filtering out the minor price changes, Renko charts can also be very helpful when determining support and resistance levels.
Porog – box size
Forex MT4 Indicators – Download Instructions
Renko Charts – indicator for MetaTrader 4 is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Renko Charts – indicator for MetaTrader 4 provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
Recommended Forex Metatrader 4 Trading Platform:
XM MT4 Broker – Accept Global Clients (Excluding U.S Residents)
- Free $30 To Start Trading Instantly
- Deposit Bonus up to $5,000
- Unlimited Loyalty Program
- Awards-Winning Forex Broker
IG Market MT4 Broker – Accept Global Clients (Including U.S Residents)
- Trusted and Regulated
- World’s No.1 CFD Trading Provider
- Easy-to-Use Platforms
- USA’s best forex provider
How to install Renko Charts – indicator for MetaTrader 4.mq4?
- Download Renko Charts – indicator for MetaTrader 4.mq4
- Copy Renko Charts – indicator for MetaTrader 4.mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader 4 Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your MT4 indicators
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader 4 Client
- Right click on Renko Charts – indicator for MetaTrader 4.mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Renko Charts – indicator for MetaTrader 4.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove Renko Charts – indicator for MetaTrader 4.mq4 from your Metatrader Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader 4 Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Click here below to download: