Mean reversals are one of the most basic types of trading strategies that traders use to profit from the forex market. Echter, identifying the peaks and bottoms of a price swing can often be too daunting for new traders. Some technical indicators such as oscillators may help as it provides traders an objective basis for identifying oversold and overbought markets which is a prerequisite for a mean reversal.
The Stochastic Oscillator is one of the most basic indicators that is available for traders. Eigenlijk, this is one of the first few indicators which new traders are usually taught of when they start learning about trading. Echter, even though it is a basic indicator, het is nog steeds een zeer effectieve technische indicator.
The Stochastic Oscillator is a momentum indicator which presents the likely direction of the market by plotting an oscillator. It does so by comparing the closing price of a tradeable instrument with its average historical price range. It then plots two lines based on its underlying formula. The values of the lines that it plots oscillate within a fixed range of 0 Aan 100. Bovenstaande waarden 80 worden beschouwd als overbought, while values below 20 are considered oversold. Most traders would agree that both extremes have the likelihood of causing a momentum reversal.
Momentum direction can also be identified based on how the two oscillator lines interact. Momentum is considered bullish whenever the faster oscillator line is above the slower oscillator line. Aan de andere kant, momentum is considered bearish whenever the faster oscillator line is below the slower oscillator line. Crossovers that occur on areas considered as oversold or overbought are considered high probability reversal signals.
Keltner Channel Oscillator
The Keltner Channel Oscillator is a custom technical indicator which is derived from the Keltner Channel.
The original Keltner Channel is a band type of indicator which identifies volatility and trend using an Exponential Moving Average (EMA) en Average True Range (Atr) waarden. It uses a 20-bar EMA to calculate for the average price and plots it as its middle line. It then plots two lines displaced above and below the 20 EMA line by subtracting and adding the ATR value.
The Keltner Channel Oscillator is based on the same concept. Echter, instead of plotting the values on the price chart, it creates its own indicator window and presents volatility and trend as an oscillator. It plots a line which oscillates around a midline, welke nul. This represents the difference between the 20 EMA and the closing price of each bar. It also plots a pair of lines which form a channel around zero. These lines are basically a multiple of the ATR presented as positive and negative values.
The indicator also shades the area between zero and the upper or lower lines whenever the main oscillator line breaches the range of its channel based on the ATR. This indicates an oversold or overbought market, both of which are prime scenarios for a possible mean reversal.
Trading Strategy Concept
Keltner Channel Oscillator Mean Reversal Forex Trading Strategy for MT5 is a mean reversal trading strategy which identifies overbought and oversold market conditions based on the confluences between the Stochastic Oscillator and the Keltner Channel Oscillator.
The Stochastic Oscillator is widely used and accepted as an indicator which identifies oversold and overbought markets. Echter, the signals that it identifies are mostly on the short-term horizon. The Keltner Channel Oscillator on the other hand presents oversold and overbought markets based on longer-term horizon. Confluences between the two indicators significantly increases the likelihood of a strong mean reversal coming from an oversold or overbought market.
Op de Stochastische Oscillator, traders would simply identify extreme price conditions based on whether the oscillator lines are breaching the 20 Aan 80 reeks. Reversals are identified as the two lines crossover and start to cross back within the 20 Aan 80 reeks.
The Keltner Channel Oscillator identifies price extremes based on its oscillator line breaching the range formed by the ATR channel. Mean reversal signals are identified based on the oscillator line crossing back within the area of the channel.
Trade Setup kopen
- De Stochastische Oscillator lijnen moeten hieronder vallen 20.
- The Keltner Channel Oscillator line should drop below the lower line of the ATR range.
- The faster Stochastic Oscillator line should cross above the slower line and move towards the area above 20.
- The Keltner Channel Oscillator line should cross above the lower line of the ATR range.
- Open a buy order on the confluence of these signals.
- Set the stop loss below the swing low prior to the entry candle.
- Sluit de handel zodra prijsactie tekenen van een mogelijke dalende omkering vertoont.
- De Stochastische Oscillator lijnen moeten boven 80.
- The Keltner Channel Oscillator line should breach above the upper line of the ATR range.
- The faster Stochastic Oscillator line should cross below the slower line and move towards the area below 80.
- The Keltner Channel Oscillator line should cross below the upper line of the ATR range.
- Open a sell order on the confluence of these signals.
- Set the stop loss above the swing high prior to the entry candle.
- Sluit de handel zodra prijsactie tekenen vertoont van een mogelijke bullish omkering.
Individually these two indicators are already excellent indicators for identifying possible mean reversals coming from oversold and overbought markets. When used together, the signals produced tend to be more reliable. This trading strategy can be a very effective mean reversal trading strategy because of this confluence. The price swings that occur after the signals tend to be wider which allows for higher yields per trade.
Traders using this strategy should also learn how to read the market using price action and candlestick patterns as this could also provide an insight whether the market is about to reverse or not.
When used properly, these confluences can help traders earn profits from the market as price tends to swing to the opposite direction right after a price extreme.
Forex Trading Strategies Installatie-instructies
Keltner Channel Oscillator Mean Reversal Forex Trading Strategy for MT5 is a combination of Metatrader 5 (MT5 MT5) Indicator(S) en sjabloon.
De essentie van deze forex strategie is het transformeren van de geaccumuleerde geschiedenis gegevens en trading signalen.
Keltner Channel Oscillator Mean Reversal Forex Trading Strategy for MT5 provides an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Op basis van deze informatie, handelaren kunnen verdere prijsbeweging aannemen en deze strategie dienovereenkomstig aanpassen.
Aanbevolen Forex MetaTrader 5 Handelsplatforms
#1 – XM Markt
- Gratis $50 Om direct te beginnen met handelen! (Opneembare winst)
- Stortingsbonus tot $5,000
- Onbeperkt loyaliteitsprogramma
- Bekroonde Forex Broker
- Extra exclusieve bonussen Het hele jaar door
Klik hier voor de stapsgewijze handleiding voor het openen van XM Broker-accounts
#2 – Pocket-optie
- Gratis +50% Bonus Om te beginnen met de handel direct
- 9.6 Algemene beoordeling!
- Automatisch bijgeschreven op uw account
- Geen verborgen termen
- Accepteer inwoners van de VS
How to install Keltner Channel Oscillator Mean Reversal Forex Trading Strategy for MT5?
- Download Keltner Channel Oscillator Mean Reversal Forex Trading Strategy for MT5.zip
- *Kopieer mq5- en ex5-bestanden naar uw Metatrader Directory / Deskundigen / Indicatoren /
- TPL-bestand kopiëren (Sjabloon) naar uw Metatrader Directory / Sjablonen /
- Uw Metatrader-client starten of opnieuw starten
- Selecteer Grafiek en tijdschema waar u uw forex-strategie wilt testen
- Klik met de rechtermuisknop op uw handelsgrafiek en zweef op “Sjabloon”
- Move right to select Keltner Channel Oscillator Mean Reversal Forex Trading Strategy for MT5
- You will see Keltner Channel Oscillator Mean Reversal Forex Trading Strategy for MT5 is available on your Chart
*Opmerking: Niet alle forex strategieën worden geleverd met mq5/ex5 bestanden. Sommige sjablonen zijn al geïntegreerd met de MT5 Indicators van het MetaTrader Platform.
Klik hieronder om te downloaden: