High probability strategies that yield high returns seem to be what many traders are looking for. It seems to be the best of both worlds. Of course, you would want to have trades that seem to be a 100% sure win, at the same time, you would want to have trades that could give you the most bang for your buck. But looking for strategies like these might be impossible. What many profitable traders are preaching though is to look for a strategy with a decent win rate but could give you returns that are a multiple of what you have risked. The Holt Arrows Forex Trading Strategy is one of those strategies that could deliver a decent win rate and returns that could be more than twice your risk.
Holt Double Exponential Smoothing Trend
Table of Contents
- 1 Holt Double Exponential Smoothing Trend
- 2 ASC Trend Indicator
- 3 Trading Strategy Concept
- 4 Conclusion
The Holt Double Exponential Smoothing Trend indicator is a custom indicator based on a modified exponential moving average. It is an oscillating indicator based on two exponential moving averages, each of which are weighted. This creates a smoothing effect on the moving averages, which gives traders a clearer view of the markets trend.
The Holt Double Exponential Smoothing Trend indicator plots histograms based on the two moving averages on its own window. These histograms oscillate around a midline at zero. Positive histograms indicate that the exponential moving averages are indicating bullish market tendencies, while negative histograms indicate bearish market tendencies.
Although this could be considered a lagging indicator, its strength is on how accurate it determines the trend. This is because the Holt Double Exponential Smoothing Trend indicator tends to react only when the trend is already established. This makes it an excellent trend filter, which could be paired with a complimentary indicator that could pinpoint entries.
ASC Trend Indicator
The ASC Trend indicator is a custom indicator which is based on the Williams’ Percentage Range indicator. Given that the Williams’ Percentage Range indicator is also an overbought and oversold indicator, much like Stochastic Oscillators, the ASC Trend indicator’s signals is also somewhat hinged on this idea. It also takes into consideration price’s recent highest highs, lowest lows and closing price.
The ASC Trend indicator conveniently pinpoints entry signals by placing arrows on the price chart. Whenever it detects a strong tendency for a bullish move, it would print an arrow pointing up, while if it detects a strong tendency for a bearish move, it would print an arrow pointing down.
Given the characteristics of the ASC Trend indicator, it seems to be an excellent indicator for generating entry signals. It pinpoints probable trend reversals at a point where the market is more likely to reverse. If you would notice it on a chart, it seems to be producing less signals than most indicators, yet these signals seem to be capable of producing high return trade entries.
Trading Strategy Concept
This strategy is a combination of decent probability trades as a result of filtering based on established trends and precise entries that could yield high return trades.
The primary trend filter that we will be using is based on the Holt Double Exponential Smoothing Trend indicator. Because this indicator tends to respond when the trend is already established, entry signals that are traded in agreement with this filter would usually have a better probability than those that are not couple with this indicator. As such, we will only be taking trades that are in agreement with the trend direction of the Holt Double Exponential Smoothing indicator.
As for the entry signal, we will be making use of the ASC Trend indicator. The ASC Trend indicator seems to be a fairly accurate indicator with a high probability of resulting into strong trends. This is because like the Williams’ Percentage Range, it also takes into consideration the overbought and oversold conditions of the market. Market extremes would often result into strong trends. Only ASC Trend signals that agree with the trend direction of the Holt Double Exponential Smoothing Trend indicator would be traded.
- Risk: 15
- Estimate period: 28.66
Timeframe: 15-min, 30-min, 1-hour, 4-hour and daily charts
Currency Pair: major and minor pairs
Trading Session: Tokyo, London and New York
Buy (Long) Trade Setup
- The Holt Double Exponential Smoothing Trend indicator should be printing positive histograms indicating a bullish market condition
- Open a buy order as soon as the ASC Trend indicator prints an upward pointing arrow
- Set the stop loss at the fractal below the entry candle
- Close the trade as soon as the Holt Double Exponential Smoothing Trend indicator prints a downward pointing arrow
Sell (Short) Trade Setup
- The Holt Double Exponential Smoothing Trend indicator should be printing negative histograms indicating a bearish market condition
- Open a sell order as soon as the ASC Trend indicator prints a downward pointing arrow
- Set the stop loss at the fractal above the entry candle
- Close the trade as soon as the Holt Double Exponential Smoothing Trend indicator prints an upward pointing arrow
This strategy is a strategy that agrees with the trend yet at the same time enters a trade with the consideration of a possible trend reversal. This results to a strategy with a decent win ratio and trade setups that are multiples of the risk placed on the trade. This allows traders to produce consistent profits on the long-term.
Forex Trading Strategies Installation Instructions
Holt Arrows Forex Trading Strategy is a combination of Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator(s) and template.
The essence of this forex strategy is to transform the accumulated history data and trading signals.
Holt Arrows Forex Trading Strategy provides an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust this strategy accordingly.
Recommended Forex MetaTrader 4 Trading Platform
- Free $50 To Start Trading Instantly! (Withdrawable Profit)
- Deposit Bonus up to $5,000
- Unlimited Loyalty Program
- Award Winning Forex Broker
- Additional Exclusive Bonuses Throughout The Year
How to install Holt Arrows Forex Trading Strategy?
- Download Holt Arrows Forex Trading Strategy.zip
- *Copy mq4 and ex4 files to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Copy tpl file (Template) to your Metatrader Directory / templates /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your forex strategy
- Right click on your trading chart and hover on “Template”
- Move right to select Holt Arrows Forex Trading Strategy
- You will see Holt Arrows Forex Trading Strategy is available on your Chart
*Note: Not all forex strategies come with mq4/ex4 files. Some templates are already integrated with the MT4 Indicators from the MetaTrader Platform.
Click here below to download: