Hammer Pattern Forex Candlestick Strategy
Table of Contents
- 1 Hammer Pattern Forex Candlestick Strategy
- 1.1 Hammer can be seen as:
It is important to know the characteristics of the hammer pattern so that we can easily identify this pattern.
Hammer can be seen as:
- The lower wick (the tail) is at least twice as large as the body and the upper
- It is found at the major support.
- The upper wick is at least twice as large as the body and the lower wick.
- It is found at the major resistance.
This system works on a 15-minute and 4-hour timeframe. Daily pivot points are employed on a 1 hour timeframe and weekly pivot points are utilized when trading off 4-hour timeframe.
4 hour timeframe entry signal:
Same technique that is used in a 15 minutes but instead of weekly pivot, you will use daily pivots.
Buy Entry Signals:
- Price must be above 20-period Exponential Moving Average (EMA20) and
- EMA20 must be above 50-period Exponential Moving Average (EMA50).
- Price moved past a pivot level (S1/S2/S3/P/R1/R2/R3) and retraced back on the exponentials moving averages (Time Frame 15 min 4H Time Frame retrace back also Weekly pivot points level).
- A hammer formed.
- When the hammer candlestick closed, we enter at market price with three lots.
- Stop loss should be placed 10-20 pips below the Low of the hammer depending on the volatility of the currency pairs we’re trading.
- When price moves in our favor the same distance as our stop loss we take one lot out. For example, if our stop loss is 50 pips away from entry price,
- when we have 50 pips in profit we exit one lot.
- For the remaining two lots, we trail our stop loss a few pips (5-10 pips) below EMA20. We let our profits run and let the market decide when our positions are closed.
FOR SELL ENTRY:
- The rules are obviously the opposite of the rules for buy (long) signals.
Forex Trading Strategies Installation Instructions
Hammer Pattern Forex Candlestick Strategy is a combination of Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator(s) and template.
The essence of this forex strategy is to transform the accumulated history data and trading signals.
Hammer Pattern Forex Candlestick Strategy provides an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust this strategy accordingly.
Recommended Forex MetaTrader 4 Trading Platform
- Free $50 To Start Trading Instantly! (Withdrawable Profit)
- Deposit Bonus up to $5,000
- Unlimited Loyalty Program
- Award Winning Forex Broker
- Additional Exclusive Bonuses Throughout The Year
How to install Hammer Pattern Forex Candlestick Strategy?
- Download Hammer Pattern Forex Candlestick Strategy.zip
- *Copy mq4 and ex4 files to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Copy tpl file (Template) to your Metatrader Directory / templates /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your forex strategy
- Right click on your trading chart and hover on “Template”
- Move right to select Hammer Pattern Forex Candlestick Strategy
- You will see Hammer Pattern Forex Candlestick Strategy is available on your Chart
*Note: Not all forex strategies come with mq4/ex4 files. Some templates are already integrated with the MT4 Indicators from the MetaTrader Platform.
Click here below to download: