Floor Trader’s Forex Swing Trading Strategy
Table of Contents
- 1 Floor Trader’s Forex Swing Trading Strategy
- 1.1 Retracements:
- 1.1.1 Short Entry Rules:
- 1.1.2 Long Entry Rules:
- 1.1.3 Trade Management:
- 1.1.4 Target profit:
- 1.1.5 Advantages:
- 1.1.6 Disadvantages:
- 1.1.7 Forex Trading Strategies Installation Instructions
- 1.1.8 Recommended Forex Metatrader 5 Trading Platform
- 1.1.9 How to install Floor Trader’s Forex Swing Trading Strategy?
- 1.1 Retracements:
The floor trader’s method is a trend following system which can be used effectively as a swing trading strategy. this system has 3 concepts. First is it is a retracement continuation trading method, Second is it uses moving averages to identify the trend and trade in the direction of the trend and third is the trading setup or the trading trigger is a reversal pattern that forms after the retracement.
The indicators that will be used in this system are 9 EMA and 18 EMA and this is applicable to 1-hour or higher timeframe.
In a downtrend, the retracement or pullback is the minor rally upward.
In an uptrend, the retracement or pullback is the minor rally downward
Short Entry Rules:
- 9 EMA must cross below the 18 EMA. This is an indication that market is in a downtrend.
- There must be a retracement of the price, it means the price will go back up and touches the 9 EMA or both EMAs.
- Enter short on the breakout of the low of the candlestick prior to the current one.
- The stop loss should be 1-5 pips above the peak of the retracement.
Long Entry Rules:
- 9 EMA must cross above the 18 EMA. This indicates that market is in an uptrend.
- There should be a retracement or the price must go back down and touches the 9 EMA or both EMAs.
- Enter long on the breakout of the high of the candlestick prior to the current one
- The stop loss should be placed 1-5 pips below the low of the retracement.
- Move the stop loss to break even when the trade moves by the amount risked.
- Consider also to take profit when the price moves twice the distance of the retracement where you took the trade on.
- Trailing the stop is another option to manage the trade. Move it to the high or low of the previous candlestick.
- Use the Fibonacci tool to take profit. take it on the 161.8 or 261.8 levels.
- You can also use 2 or 3 times the distance of the retracement to calculate the profit targets.
- This is a trend following system, so the trend is your friend.
- It’s simple and easy to understand and implement and allows you to enter a trade at the beginning of the trend.
- Higher timeframes are much more reliable and dictated by price action.
- Stop Loss is placed above the resistance or support levels and this reduces to get stopped out.
- False signals can occur. especially on a sideway market.
- Retracement will not happen in a fast moving trending market. You can miss entering a trade. The market may lose its steam and will get you stopped out.
- The retracements or pullbacks may happen away from the ema crossover.
Forex Trading Strategies Installation Instructions
Floor Trader’s Forex Swing Trading Strategy is a combination of Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator(s) and template.
The essence of this forex strategy is to transform the accumulated history data and trading signals.
Floor Trader’s Forex Swing Trading Strategy provides an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust this strategy accordingly.
Recommended Forex Metatrader 5 Trading Platform
- Free $30 To Start Trading Instantly
- Deposit Bonus up to $5,000
- Unlimited Loyalty Program
- Awards Winning Trading Broker
How to install Floor Trader’s Forex Swing Trading Strategy?
- Download Floor Trader’s Forex Swing Trading Strategy.zip
- *Copy mq4 and ex4 files to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Copy tpl file (Template) to your Metatrader Directory / templates /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your forex strategy
- Right click on your trading chart and hover on “Template”
- Move right to select Floor Trader’s Forex Swing Trading Strategy
- You will see Floor Trader’s Forex Swing Trading Strategy is available on your Chart
*Note: Not all forex strategies come with mq4/ex4 files. Some templates are already integrated with the MT4 Indicators from the MetaTrader Platform.
Click here below to download: