Traders often look for exciting trading strategies that allow them to take multiple trades in any given day. Although it is the excitement of making money that draws many people to trading, it is exactly this kind of behavior that prevents them from profiting from the forex markets. If it is excitement that you are looking for, then better go to a casino. But if it is making profits that makes you interested, than the Momentum Crossover Forex Trading Strategy might just be for you.
The Momentum Crossover Forex Trading Strategy is a trend following strategy that provides traders with good trade entries coming from momentum reversals. These momentum reversals allow traders to enter the market as soon as the new trend is confirmed.
Moving Average Crossovers
Moving Average Crossovers are one of the most basic types of trading strategies. It is a simple strategy that could easily be followed by any trader, whether a seasoned veteran or a rookie trader.
To trade moving average crossovers, traders use two moving averages with different parameters. It could vary depending on the type of moving average being, the number of periods covered by the moving averages or any other modifications. The key is to find the right pairing of moving averages which allows traders to identify possible trend reversal points. One of the moving averages should represent a shorter-term or a faster moving average, while the other moving average should be somewhat slower than the first. As trends reverse, these moving averages also tend to crossover due to the shifting of the direction of price.
Some traders may think that crossover strategies are too basic and lack excitement. Some traders overlook crossover trend reversal strategies because of its simplicity. Imidlertid, trading success is not based on the complexity of the plan but on the potential of the plan to yield huge profits. Crossover strategies might be simple, but with the right setup, crossover strategies are able to produce trades that yield high profits.
Yang Trader Indicator
The Yang Trader indicator is a custom indicator which has many uses for different traders. This indicator is mainly intended to be used by mean reversion traders but could also be very useful for momentum traders.
The Yang Trader is an oscillating indicator which draws a line that is characteristically very smooth. It has an oversold marker at 15 and an overbought marker at 80. Price is considered to be reverting from an oversold position back to the mean when the Yang Trader line crosses above 15. Omvendt, whenever the Yang Trader line crosses below 80, price is considered to be reversing from an overbought condition.
Momentum traders on the other hand, use the Yang Trader indicator differently. Instead of trading on the overbought and oversold mean reversal, they would wait for the Yang Trader line to cross over the midline, som er 50. This could be considered more of a trend reversal rather than a temporary mean reversal and usually occurs whenever the momentum of price is shifting to the opposite direction. A crossover above 50 is considered a bullish trend reversal, while a crossover below it is considered a bearish trend reversal.
This trend reversal strategy is based on the confluence of a very responsive crossover trade setup and the trend reversal signal of the Yang Trader custom indicator.
For the crossover strategy, we will be using the XMA indicator and the 24-period Exponential Moving Average (MOR). The XMA is a modified moving average that helps traders avoid false entries during choppy market conditions, yet it is also very responsive to short-term trend changes. The XMA will be used to represent the shorter-term trend. Det 24 EMA will be representing the longer-term trend.
As for the Yang Trader indicator, we will be looking for its line to crossover 50 in the direction of the crossover. This would indicate that the crossover signal is in confluence with the shifting of momentum based on the Yang Trader indicator.
- 24-periode eksponentielt glidende gennemsnit (guld)
Tidsramme: preferably 1-hour, 4-time og daglige diagrammer
Valuta Par: større og mindre par
Trading Session: Tokyo, London og New York
Køb Handel opsætning
- The Yang Trader indicator line should cross above 50 hvilket indikerer en bullish trendvending
- The blue line of the XMA indicator should cross above the gold line of the 24 EMA angiver en bullish tendens vending
- Disse bullish tendens vending signaler bør være noget afstemt
- Indtast en købsordre på sammenløbet af de ovennævnte betingelser
- Sæt stop loss på støtteniveau under posten stearinlys
- Close the trade as soon as price closes below the gold line of the 24 MOR
- Close the trade as soon as the Yang Trader line crosses below 50
Sælg Handel opsætning
- The Yang Trader indicator line should cross below 50 indicating a bearihs trend reversal
- The blue line of the XMA indicator should cross below the gold line of the 24 EMA angiver en bearish tendens vending
- Disse bearish tendens vending signaler bør være noget afstemt
- Indtast en salgsordre på sammenløbet af de ovennævnte betingelser
- Sæt stop loss på modstanden niveau over posten stearinlys
- Close the trade as soon as price closes above the gold line of the 24 MOR
- Close the trade as soon as the Yang Trader line crosses above 50
This strategy works best on trending market conditions. It is best to use this type of strategy on markets which have a strong tendency to trend.
This strategy may have some drawdowns whenever it is used in a ranging market environment, which is normal for any trend following type of strategy. Imidlertid, the high reward-risk ratio compensates for such losses. It is not uncommon to see trades that could return as much as 3:1 reward-risk ratio using this strategy.
Forex Trading Strategies Installationsvejledning
Momentum Crossover Forex Trading Strategy is a combination of Metatrader 4 (kr.) indikator(s) og skabelon.
Essensen af denne forex strategi er at omdanne de akkumulerede historie data og handel signaler.
Momentum Crossover Forex Trading Strategy provides an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Baseret på disse oplysninger, handlende kan antage yderligere prisbevægelser og justere denne strategi i overensstemmelse hermed.
Anbefalet Forex Metatrader 5 Handelsplatform
- Gratis $30 Sådan startes handel med det samme
- Indbetal bonus op til $5,000
- Ubegrænset loyalitetsprogram
- Awards Vindende Trading Broker
How to install Momentum Crossover Forex Trading Strategy?
- Download Momentum Crossover Forex Trading Strategy.zip
- *Kopier mq4 og EX4 filer til din Metatrader Register / Eksperter / Indikatorer /
- Kopiér TPL fil (Skabelon) til din Metatrader Register / skabeloner /
- Start eller genstart din Metatrader Client
- Vælg Chart og Tidsramme hvor du ønsker at teste din forex strategi
- Højreklik på din handel diagram og svæve på “Skabelon”
- Move right to select Momentum Crossover Forex Trading Strategy
- You will see Momentum Crossover Forex Trading Strategy is available on your Chart
*Note: Ikke alle forex strategier kommer med MQ4 / EX4 filer. Nogle skabeloner er allerede integreret med MT4 Indikatorer fra MetaTrader platformen.
Klik her nedenfor for at downloade: